Welcome to ChrisBeads!

A Blog about Bead addiction, crochet, knitting and life in general.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rings and Things


Had a lot of nice comments about the rings I posted last week and as the project in Beads Etc is a ring in brick stitch, I thought you might like to see the finished product. I must say it was amazing to see a real professional photo of the ring in the magazine. Funnily enough, I must have forgotten to tell my daughter that it was being published. She went into a newsagency and like a lot of other beaders I know, decided to flick through a magazine. She was at first horrified to find that someone had a project exactly the same as her mother's blue ring!! Turning swiftly to the designer's name she breathed a sigh of relief and then rang to abuse me for not telling her I had another project in print.
It was also exciting to see confirmation that Beads Etc are going to publish another one of my projects next issue, as they used my earring for the "Next issue promo" at the back of the mag! Yay!

4 comments:

MyFairLadyVT4 said...

I really love the ring. Of course I am addicted to brick stitch.

Marlaine said...

Do you have an Etsy shop?

Chrisbeads said...

Yes, Marlaine, I do have an Etsy shop - www.chrisbeads.etsy.com. I am a fairly new EBW team member and so far haven't been listed on the blog.

Conlins Creations said...

Love the ring! they are one of my favorites to make! love your new pieces!