Thursday, February 18, 2010
Our poor little doggie, Zorro, has been diagnosed with Glaucoma. He has had cataracts for some time now, with very limited vision. We are now faced with the awful decision of what to do next. After rushing him down to a specialist eye vet yesterday, he is now on medication which will give us some breathing space to decide whether to have his eyes removed and just sewn up, or to have artificial eyes put in instead (the more expensive option). I am feeling very sad. He does seem to get on OK even though we have know that his vision was very limited. The vet has now confirmed that he is pretty much totally blind though. And the glaucoma will recur. What to do, what to do?