Welcome to ChrisBeads!

A Blog about Bead addiction, crochet, knitting and life in general.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day in Australia


Tomorrow (Sunday) is Mother's Day here. Our family will be having dinner together as we are all mothers (one is "mother" to a dog!) now and no one should have all the work and no fun. There will be twelve of us altogether.

My husband and I are so lucky to have our Mums still with us and both of them still mentally "with it" and in reasonably good health. I was reading a blog about someone whose Mother is suffering from Alzheimers and felt so sad for her.

My maternal grandmother developed Alzheimers when she was in her eighties and it was a very sad time for us. Both Mum and Dad were involved in caring for her and for my Grandpa who later suffered from some form of dementia (age and diabetes related). My thoughts are with everyone in that situation as it is so difficult to cope with the physical presence of a loved one, who unfortunately is no longer the same mentally.

No comments: