Welcome to ChrisBeads!

A Blog about Bead addiction, crochet, knitting and life in general.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Opening of the Colours of the Galaxy Exhibition.


Tonight was opening night for the Embroiderers' Guild of Victoria Members Exhibition, Colours of the Galaxy. There are some wonderful embroideries, especially the gold work, as well as quilts and items of clothing. One beautiful dress has LEDs built into the bodice and twinkle, twinkle little star takes on a whole new meaning. My "Heavenly Bodies" Challenge piece is a tiny brooch (30 mm across) based on the colours of the Orion Nebula from a photograph given to me by a friend. The beads are mostly size 15/0 and Delicas.

Then there is my Christmas Star which is all in size 11/0 beads and will take pride of place on my Christmas Tree (unless someone likes it enough to purchase it).

The third item is a cuff made in peyote triangles, which I am exploring at present and which was inspired by the Art Deco period.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Love that star Christmas ornament but I REALLY love that triangles cuff!! Absolutely beautiful.

Unknown said...

Welcome to my blog (http://lianginbead.spaces.live.com/) to see my new works of beads.
Liang-In Liu from Taiwan