Welcome to ChrisBeads!

A Blog about Bead addiction, crochet, knitting and life in general.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Don't you just love Computers!

Disaster struck my computer on Thursday when something crashed Outlook and I lost all my email contacts and history in one fell swoop. Whilst I haven't really lost any of the important stuff (I hope) it has been a very frustrating exercise. The computer has gone off to hospital in the hope of retrieving some of the information, although I am not confident. In the mean time I have to share with significant other and when he is not around, I rush in here to catch up on various blogs and check emails via the web. Hopefully the computer is back very soon with a new bigger hard drive and better speed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my husband got me a very valuable gift for xmas...a 138gig external drive. I keep EVERYTHING work related, photos, documents, ebooks, and lists of things I don't want to lose. I run programs from it and everything. That way, if I have a problem with my lappie, it is all on my external. I only plug in the external when I am using it. You may want to look into getting one :)

John | Daily Photo Gallery said...

I think computer problems should be ranked in the top 5 most stressful events :-( I still remember my first big computer disaster even though it was 15 years ago.

Chrisbeads said...

Definitely thinking about the external drive thingy. Sounds like an excellent idea.

Duni said...

Like Lisa I got myself a huge external drive. It gives me peace of mind that all my important stuff is on there!

How's your doggie doing?